Wednesday, September 26, 2012

ali's Corner. [Simply Fearless. Voiding Silence.]

A life of simplicity
has me captured.

Eat when you're hungry.
Drink when you're thirsty.
Sleep when you're tired.
Dance when you're joyful.
Cry when you're sad.
Vent when you're angry.
Breathe deeply when you're falling in love.

Fix what's broken.
Give the excess away.
Pray for those who are struggling.
Share Christ with those who don't know Him.
Obey God's word.
Trust Him when you fear.
When someone stops believing,
believe God FOR them.

I cannot be silent anymore.
This tidal wave of passion
is flowing over me with a
calling to simplicity.

A divine purpose for
your life has already
been created.

You don't have to
create your own purpose.

God holds it in His hand.
He asks only that we take steps.
Steps of trust.
Leaps of faith.

It doesn't have to be hard.
It can be simple.

Instead of talking
to my neighbor
about the crazy weather,
I want to tell them
about Jesus and how
He's changed my life.

I want to create
curiosity in a public
place by studying the
Bible and talking about
relavent current issues.

I want to bring a hot
meal to a homeless person
on a cold night,
sit right down next to them,
and listen to their story.

I want to stop being silent towards
the people who claim to be a
Christ-follower, yet spit in the faces of
people who reject their beliefs.
I want to start being a light and speaking
the truth that lives in the Word of God,
fully believing and knowing
the Gospel can speak for itself,
in it's own gracefully convicting way.

And I cannot be silent anymore.
I was not born to be quiet.
Jesus didn't search my heart,
all the while pursuing me,
wanting me,
finding me,
giving His life for me,
saving me,
healing me,
for me to keep my mouth closed.

It really is simple.
I am not ashamed of the Gospel.
I am unashamed.
I am a broken human being
who has been made new
through the blood of Jesus Christ.
And I can give no credit to
anyone other than Him.

He has given me a new heart.
One that reaps great joy.
How could I be silent anymore?

Jesus Christ is responsible,
for everything I am today.

I'm determined to allow
His simple truth
to spill out of my
every action,
every word,
every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment