Wednesday, October 3, 2012

ali's Corner. [My Me.]

Every girl
dreams about
having a "me."

The kind of "me" that says,

"It's okay, it's me,
you can laugh that way."

"It's just me
you don't have to be ashamed."

"Come on, it's me,
you can tell me."

The kind that tells you
to stop talking
in the middle of
criticizing yourself,
lifts your face
and kisses you instead.
Stop, it's me.

The kind that says,
"Whatever you're
afraid the world will see,
you can find comfort
in sharing it with me."

The kind of "me"
you can feel safe
exposing your truest self
in the comfort of
that person.


Well, I want the world to know
I've found my "me."


My Jonathan doesn't
just want the good parts
about me,
But he wants the dark
and scary parts, too.
He wants me.
And he's pursuing me.
All of me.

I've spent most of my life
trying to be the one
impressing the guys.
Making them feel
almost intimidated by me.
It's how I made them want me.

But there's something about my me.

Something that makes all the
pressure and striving to
impress melt away,
because of his open arms
which welcome
who I truly am.

He invites my soul
to breathe easy when
we are together.

I can't believe God
chose me to date this me.
The me who loves Jesus
as much as I do.
The me who I can fall
back on, knowing
he's got my back.
The me I can get
excited about Jesus with
and he gets excited, too.
The me I can serve
Christ's kingdom with.
The me I can call my
teammate.

I don't know if I'll have
this me forever or not yet,
but in this exact moment,
I can be so incredibly thankful
for my me,
which makes for a very
joyful me.

Thanks for being my me,
Jonathan James,
and thank you for loving Jesus
the attractive way you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment