Thursday, September 20, 2012

ali's Corner. [My Faith Story]


"I always felt like the different kid."

My passion was always to sing, 
dance, perform, and entertain people.  
My desire was to be delighted in.  

One traumatic experience 
with an anxiety attack 
in 6th grade left me 
promising myself that 
I would never speak, 
offer my thoughts, 
or perform in front of people again.

"I was chained to my failure 
and I let it control me."  

I was bullied for all of 
middle school and 
most of my high school years. 
I also began to believe some 
of the names I was being called 
which played into feelings of unworthiness.  
This led to experiences with verbally 
and physically abusive boyfriends 
who belittled me, 
talked down to me, 
and blamed me for things 
that weren't my fault. 
And I endured all of it.
This left me with hatred 
towards myself and 
believing I had nothing to offer this world.

"I always knew about Jesus, 
but I never knew Him personally." 

One day, I was at the 
end of my hopelessness.  
I was so depressed, 
I sat in a chair unable to move. 
With no motivation to eat, speak, or pray. 
My mom was sitting with me, 
she opened her Bible and began 
to read scripture to me that 
she'd highlighted during her own faith walk.  

That is when God came alive to me.  
The weight I'd carried my entire life was 
lifted off and I was given peace.  
I felt like I had never been sad.  
From that point in my life 
He's been teaching me 
what it means to be in relationship with Him.  
Over the next few years, 
He pulled me into His arms 
and taught me about Himself 
and about who He created me to be.

"Now, I am free."  

My identity is rooted in Christ 
and I am fearfully and wonderfully made.  
Unless God says the same things about me 
as those girls in high school did, 
they simply aren't true.  
I don't have to be and live in those things 
because that's not who I was created to be.  
I get to live OUT who God created me to be.  
And it's not to be silent!! 
He has a purpose for my life 
and Jesus is the reason I'm still breathing.  
My wants, passions, and desires 
have molded to 
His wants, passions, and desires.  
And they've been set on fire
with a calling to be fearless.  
My chains of not being able to speak 
or offer have been broken and 
the beauty Christ created me for is 
slowly emerging more and more everyday.  
I want nothing more than to spend 
my every second glorifying His name 
because He loved me 
and continues to love me anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment