Monday, August 13, 2012

ali's Corner. [Hungry I Come To You.]

Lately I've been
more keenly aware
of this thirst in my throat.

Of this hunger in the pit
of my stomach.

The yearning desire
for God's love to
again overwhelm every
fiber of my being.

This year has consisted of
God teaching me
and helping me
overcome my unbelief.

Someone once said,
"faith is believing that
God is who He says He is,
He will do what He says He will do,
and that I am who He says I am."

What I didn't realize was
that each of those statements
would each become
a separate lesson.

I am now onto the third.
"I am who God says I am."

So, who does God say I am?
I am... a woman.

I am the capstone of creation.
And whatever characteristic
He lovingly blessed me with
upon creating me into being,
thought that characteristic
would be best portrayed
through the role of a woman.

Furthermore,
I have been given
His robe of righteousness.

"This is the robe that I could not afford.
There is absolutely nothing I could do
to deserve it."

But He lovingly gave it to me
to wear because I simply walked
brokenly up to Him and asked for it.

As I get older,
I become more and more aware
of how broken I really am without God.
My thoughts.
My selfishness.
My anger.
My jealousy.
My disgraceful sinful nature.

And then to think.
He still wants me.
In fact,
because I wear His robe
of righteousness,

"He not only wants me,
but He sees me as 
BLAMELESS.
SPOTLESS.
PURE.
& HOLY!"

It's astounding to think
that when I feel unworthy,
my first reaction is to take
OFF His robe of righteousness.
I can't imagine such a horrible
being wearing such a holy garment.

Yet, Jesus says,
"Leave it on.
Leave it on and take the unrighteous
behavior OFF." (Jesus Calling, By: Sarah Young)

It's a robe that is mine.
Because I AM His.
Belonging to Jesus
isn't what I struggle with believing.
Nor is God's monumental grace
what I have trouble comprehending.

It's the immeasurable,
infinite, and limitless
amount of grace that has been bestowed onto me
that I have trouble soaking in
by my mere humanness.

I just can't believe He loves me this much.
It's definitely going to take
some stepping out in faith
to truly and actively start living
out who God says that I already am.

Plain and simple:

I am His.

"And if what I believe about myself
doesn't line up with what God
says about me,
it simply isn't true."

No comments:

Post a Comment