Wednesday, September 5, 2012

ali's Corner. [Freedom Boulevard.]

"I can honestly say
if Jesus didn't find me
when He did,
I'm not so sure 
I would be here today."

When I look back
to the day He found me,
and I think about
where I was in my life;
the horrendous mess
that He stepped His
holy self into,
I can't help but think,
"Why me...?
Why did God choose
such a broken being
to breathe life into
and create something 
completely new and different?"

This makes me love Him more.

I see who I am now.
I see what my desires have become
and where my passions have taken me.
I feel the joy in my heart and the fullness
in my life that I never thought I'd know.
It's indescribable.
And it's astounding to me
that God was not only capable,
but He actually wanted
to restore me.

I've been thinking about
if I could take my 24-year-old self
and turn back time to talk
to my 17-year-old self,
what would I tell her?

I would say just this,
"You are worth more
than you could ever imagine.
Your brokenness was bought
with a price because you are
loved deeply.
Stop allowing the world
to define who you are.
Stop believing what other
people think of you.
Your purpose in life
is NOT to be silent.
It is to be bold.
To be fearless.
Now get up
and live in the freedom
that has already been
given to you."

There's a restlessness
in my heart,
deeply wishing I could
announce this to all of creation.
Especially to all of the teenage
girls out there
who I know are feeling
and experiencing the same
things I did and sometimes
still do.

The evil one is tenaciously
skilled at attacking beauty.
He isolates us
and makes us think
we are alone
and no one understands.

But 2,000 years ago,
a man sacrificed Himself.
He put His body through
unimaginable pain
and allowed Himself to be
spit on and hated.

For me.
Because He wanted me
ALL of me.
He wanted my broken self.
And He can and will restore.

I am free.
HA
LLE
LU
JAH.
I am 
       free.

I don't have to be
who I used to be.
I don't have to allow
my fear to control me.
I don't have to be silent.
I don't have to be
who the world says I am.

Because I am who God says I am.
And God says I am fearless.

I am fearless!

How can I ever thank Him?
Let's start with spending
my every second
glorifying His Holy Name
and unending love.

Oh, how He loves us.

No comments:

Post a Comment