Sunday, September 16, 2012

ali's Corner. [Fearless Faith]

I want to shake up 
the traditional 
conformity of the world. 

When I meet a well-known 
Christian artist, 
I don't want to only 
thank him for sharing 
his talents with us, 
I want to pray for him.  
For his ministry, 
his struggles, 
his life. 

When people seem 
to be having a rough day,
I don't want to 
silence myself 
and sit down to 
share in their discouragement, 
but rather be a light 
and be an encouragement. 
To stand up,
dance around,
and get loud, 
praising God for His goodness, trusting the reputation 
of my humility
with the faith that the 
gospel will speak 
for itself and open 
their temporary blinded eyes once again to the glory they're invited into. 

I want to stand 
on the top of a 
mountain and worship 
the king of the universe. 
To throw my hands 
in the air and 
yell praises to Him. 

What keeps me from such magnificence? 

Fear. 

I want to be 
intentional in my efforts 
to work WITH God 
to strike down my fear. 
I want to attack it 
with the very things 
I'm afraid of. 
And as my crippling fear 
becomes a fearless faith, 
the glory of my Lord 
will be greatly revealed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment